Grass Mound

  • Herbert Bayer
    landscape, 1982
    Designed by Walter Gropius,
    manufactured by Rosenthal
    Studio-Line
    Porcelain and polychrome
    14 x 14 inches
    Gift of Melva Bucksbaum &
    Raymond Learsy

Herbert Bayer’s 1955 “Grass Mound” is considered to be one of the first environmental sculptures in the county.  The mound is 40′ in diameter.

Year:

1955 more 50s

Architect:

Herbert Bayer