220 and 230 E Main
Year:1950, expanded 1960s more 50s
Architect:Robert Oliver Roy
The lodge was originally constructed in 1950 and called “Aspen Court,” then The Cortina. It consists of a one story building along the west property line, a central parking area, and a two story building on the east. The Cortina is constructed of milled logs (a different brand than Pan Abode) in keeping with Aspen’s “Rustic Style” of post-war architecture, but it also includes some typical Chalet elements such as the stucco upper floor, shallow roof pitch, and decorative railing. The building was constructed as a small lodge, a type of tourist accommodation that is very important to the social history of Aspen as ski resort.