730 W Main
Year:1950 more 50s
The original portion of the Hickory House was built in 1950 as a restaurant, “The Silver Chicken.” It is a log building with typical detailing. There is a hand painted sign on the west end which reads “Restaurant” in log shaped lettering. A Pan Abode addition was made on the east, circa 1980s. This building is indicative of Rustic style architecture which pays homage to the romanticized American West pioneer by emulating log cabins for vacation homes and restaurants.